2.28.2011

i need You because You are beautiful.
i need You because You are wonderful.
i need You because You are thunderous.
i need You because You are wondrous.

He's holy, just and worthy,
merciful and mighty,
those of us on earth, we
only by His light see.

God sends His love like waterfalls
crashing down on our heads.
He drowns us, and He surrounds us,
in the ocean of His love.
when He hears the roar of the waves calling out to Him
"THE LORD IS MOST HIGH,"
the endless canyons of His heart
overflow with deep blue waters.
how much more is He pleased
when the cry of a human heart
echoes and surpasses the praises of inanimate nature?

i am wondering why my heart doesn't feel
the close embrace of my God.
but then i realize:
i am standing with my feet in an ocean of Love
and while i stand in this quiet calm,
waiting,
a massive wave is about to overtake me.

it's gonna sweep over me like verse seven,
a big taste of Heaven,
and not just me,
but all who wait on Him in this city.
He's gonna do something magnificent
that captures the hearts of the faithful,
the gates of hell will not prevail against.
He's gonna stoke up a wildfire
that consumes the entirety of our souls,
and they won't burn away.
He's gonna give dreams and visions
and power and provision,
modern-day miracles none of us can deny.
He's gonna cast out devils and
overtake their sinful strongholds,
lock them out while He rolls up His sleeves.
He's gonna pour out His very Spirit
like a cascade of Living Water,
filling us up
like an overflowing cup,
vessels of God, we won't be able to help ourselves
but to proclaim who He is.

and so i say,
"why are you downcast, o my soul?
why so disturbed within me?
put your hope in God,
for i will yet praise Him,
my Savior and my God."

3 comments:

  1. I love this. The word pictures are incredible. It would be cool to hear you read this with the passion that is so evident in these words. I cling to this HOPE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen.
    I agree with Anna, loved the way the words painted the picture.

    ReplyDelete