11.01.2010

Psalm 9: What Comes From the Heart

Credited to Google.com/images
"I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart;
I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done." (Psalm 9:1 NLT)

This doesn't say, "I will praise you with half of my heart." With the little tune of "Half of My Heart" by John Mayer playing in the background.

King David was pouring himself out through the Psalms!
We should pour ourselves out in love and in worship to our creator.

With everything.

We should pour out our lives in worship.
Preaching and declaring the wondrous things Jesus has done for us.

But why are we so hesitant?
Why do we wait for others to do the preaching?
Why do we close our lips to the songs of our hearts?
Why don't our lives show a reflection of worship and a reflection of who Christ is?


Speak out loud, what comes from the heart of the Spirit.
Sing out loud, what comes from the heart of the Song.
Live out loud, what comes from the heart of the Father.

2 comments: