11.04.2010

I Rejoice in You

As the footnote in my Bible tells me, Psalm 9 and Psalm 10 may have originally been a single poem. 
Psalm 9 tells of how we should always rejoice in the Lord for He upholds us and has saved us from the wicked. He will never forget us, but will be found by us when we seek Him and trust in Him.
Psalm 10 then speaks of the evil ways of the wicked.  But regardless of what they do, we know our father will hear us and protect us in our time of need. 
So when looking at both of these Psalms together, there is a reinstatement of where our focus should be.  We should live our lives representing Psalm 9:1-2 ..."I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and rejoice in you; I will sing the praises of your name, O Most High." ...and not representing Psalm 10:3-4 ... "They boast about the cravings of their hearts; they bless the greedy and revile the Lord.  In their pride the wicked do not seek him; in all their thoughts there is no room for God."
...Just a little tidbit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment